A Single Lady's Thoughts On Marriage and Destiny

Hi Reader-Friends, I am sharing with you my sister's note on marriage, which I believe holds a weight of truth.  As a matter of fact, if you go back to Genesis, God created Adam because it was "not good for man to be alone". So God created a helpmeet revealing to us what He meant when He said the word "alone".  It is not about the state of loneliness of man.  It is that God sought for Adam a "helper suitable for him".  By helper God meant a partner who would help him fulfill the mandate God gave him.

I like how my sister puts it: "When I was a young teacher in USC, I had announced in one of my classes that I would not only marry because I was in love but when I would marry, I would be thinking of a nation called the Philippines." 

I married because of such love ---- love for my husband and love for this nation.  He holds the same heartbeat too. There are even times that our hearts are more gripped with a violent love for this country in such a wavelength that exceeds our love for one another.  Interestingly, when our hearts beat passionately for the nation together, we find ourselves falling deeper in love with each other.  I believe that is the inherent potential and power found in a vision birthed by God.

To marry someone who does not beat for the same dream God has placed in your heart can lead you to a lifetime of many unnecessary frustrations, which you definitely don't need in your married life.  

So take heed, single ladies.  Look for the one whose heart beats for the same dream God has caused your heart to beat for.


 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




People marry for a LOT of reasons. Some right, some wrong. Some people marry out of loneliness. Maybe a few marry out of desperation. While probably some marry for money. Most people I know marry for love.

I, too, want to marry for love. But it's a love that's two-pronged. A love for that man whom God has set apart for me and the other part of me wants to marry out of a fierce love for a nation called the Philippines.

I was reminded of that second love today as I was scrolling down pictures of the wedding I had attended yesterday and from conversations about marriage with some people dear to me.

When I was a young teacher in USC, I had announced in one of my classes that I would not only marry because I was in love but when I would marry, I would be thinking of a nation called the Philippines. Yes, I would like to and I'm praying that the man I would marry would have the same love and heart for Pinas as what God has placed in my heart.

What I'm saying is that when I marry, I have asked God for a man who would have the same vision to see this nation change and be transformed by the power of God. That he, too, would have that same love for the Philippines as that what beats inside of me for this beautiful nation that is so in need of God.

And in my heart I'm praying that when I say "I do", that covenant would not only be a beautiful God-written story but would be one that would also be used by God to shake a nation and to shape its history.

Maybe that is the reason why I have always been drawn to men who love research and who are in the academe.

But truth be told, I have yet to meet a man who so loves this nation as strongly as I love it.

With that said, I believe that God who holds all things and who knows everything will make all things beautiful in His time.
0 Responses